Reasons you should consider an e-Bike
Electric bikes are often diminished as “cheating” by the purist cyclist but for an increasing number of people, they are opening up a whole new world of opportunities.
Whether you’re thinking about buying an ebike or simply curious about the benefits of an electric bike, let’s explore some of the reasons you should consider start riding an electric bike.
- Enjoy exploring and cycling longer distances – Being outdoors on a beautiful day can be so enjoyable and a relaxing experience. A major attraction of long-distance riding is that you are able to experience more views and sights than if you were walking. With an electric bicycle, you can enjoy longer jouneys without worrying about the impact on your legs.
- A great way to get and keep fit – E-bikes are not just about getting out and about but cycling can be a great part of fitness regime. An electric bike can help you get back to fitness and help you maintain it. For those sceptics it is important to point out that despite the added boost, you do still pedal throughout the course of your ride. This movement means that you burn almost as many calories riding an electric bike as you would on a manual cycle.
- Cheaper to run than other vehicles and using public transport – Although an electric bike may be more expensive than a conventional cycle, the costs are minimal when compared to a vehicle. It only costs a few cents to fully charge the battery on an electric bike. Depending on your particular e-bike and its battery, this could take you as far a 30-90 miles.
- Hassle-free commuting – If you are an everyday commuter, you may find yourself regularly sitting in traffic daydreaming about being anywhere else other than in your car, on the bus or dealing with train delays. Cycling to work is a great way to include more exercise into your daily routine and you’ll arrive at work more alert and ready for the day.
- Hills and wind are a breeze – The thought of cycling uphill against the wind is one of the most off-putting reasons for not cycling. An electric bicycle all but eradicates that problem and you’ll get envious glances from those people struggling on a manual bike.
- Travel sustainably –Electric bikes not only have less impact on your knees and thighs, but they can also have less of an impact on the environment. If sustainability is important to you, an electric bike may be a perfect alternative to driving.
- Improves your Safety – Having more acceleration from a standing start can make traffic intersections feel a lot safer than on a traditional bike. You may also find that you’re more aware of your surroundings as you won’t spend as much time with your head down or standing up in an attempt to build up speed. Having a silent motor means you’ll be more aware of the sounds around you than you would on a motorbike or scooter.
- Carry more cargo – Cycling with a heavy load of groceries can be exhausting. With an e-bike you can pack your panniers and let the electric motor take the strain.
- E-Bikes are good fun – JFK once said that “nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike”. An e-bike takes the fun to another level. The dread of hills is eradicated and you can smile and wave as you pass other riders who toil behind.
If you haven’t already made the move to an e-bike what are you waiting for…there are so many styles to choose from City eBikes, Cruiser eBikes, Fat Tire eBikes, Folding eBikes, Hybrid eBikes, Mountain eBikes, even eTrikes